An e-scooter b Home fire It displaced 12 people and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage in a small Maryland town.
Firefighters responded to the fire Thursday Deerwood, Maryland – 40 minutes drive north of Washington DC
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer said firefighters were dealing with “severe fire” conditions.
Residents in the home where the fire started and in the neighborhood were alerted by smoke alarms and evacuated without injury, Piringer said.
Crews battle Indiana recycling plant fire for second day
In all, there were 12 people displaced, including seven adults and five children. At least 65 firefighters were on the scene to battle the blaze.
A preliminary investigation into the origin of the fire revealed that a charging e-scooter in the basement of the house ignited nearby flammable materials. Total damage was estimated at $650,000.
Lithium-ion battery e-scooters have been blamed for the fires that have occurred in recent months. It was an e-scooter in January He was charged with fire A nursery school and dental lab that injured 18 children in a New York City home.
Click here to access the FOX NEWS app
It was only seen in New York City this year. Five deaths related to fire In the year In 2023, out of 60 total e-bike fires, e-bikes will be the cause of the fires, he said. Last year there were six e-bike related offenses in the city.
The Associated Press and Fox News’ Luis Casiano contributed to this report.